ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- What is Fiedler’s Contingency Theory? How did it develop? What are its applications? What are its pros and cons?
- Does everyone have just one leadership style or can it vary? Why? What factors exert pressure to influence a shift in leadership style? Are the factors exerting pressure to influence a shift in leadership style appropriate with respect to merit and measure? Why or why not?
- What factors influence a leader to adopt a specific style (personal traits, characteristics, environment, and so on)?
- What role do communications, dynamic listening, and conflict resolution play for a leader?
- Using Fiedler’s Contingency Theory, how would you help John determine what leadership style he should use? Why?
- What would be the most effective leadership style in the above case scenario using Fiedler’s Contingency Theory? Why?