I’m trying to learn for my Health & Medical class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
To start, select one of the following approved topics for your SeniorProject. You may also have a topic of your choice approved by theinstructor in Week One. Many of the approved topics have specificsubtopics outlined and, while these topics are not all-inclusive, theydo provide insight into specific areas to consider.
- Examine how participative leadership functions in today’s modernhealth care organization and compare it to other types of leadershipstyles. Evaluate how each type of leadership style may impactorganizational culture, employee performance, and how it may help orhinder the legitimacy of authority.
- As an administrator, address the challenges of employee recruitmentand retention of health care professionals. Additional subtopics mayinclude trends in the nursing workforce, shortage of primary carephysicians, staff turnover, retention, and staffing patterns.
- Analyze the dual role of a manager and healthcare professional.Examine challenges that the health professional compared to those of anon-health professional, may face in terms of leadership style, and theimpact these challenges have on organizational culture. The benefits of ahealth professional manager as an organizational resource may also beincluded. Explore the career trends of health professionals inorganizational leadership positions, such as the types of healthprofessional training that leaders tend to have in common, and thetypical demographic background of health professional managers.
- The health care industry must anticipate and monitor trends thatcould possibly affect its overall survival. Analyze how regulation ofthe health care industry impacts a health care organization. Exploresome of the possible survival organizational strategies such as, but notlimited to, mergers, and affiliations, achieving accreditation status,professional licensure.
- Analyze the impact of technology on how health care services aredelivered. The impact of technology on employee performance,organizational structure, and management planning may also beconsidered.
- Analyze the impact of any recent social and/or ethical trends on the health care industry. Discuss at least two issues.
After identifying your topic, choose a health care organization inyour area. This organization may be small or large and may providesingle inpatient health service or multiple outpatient services; it isyour choice. Consider your topic in light of the leadership of thisorganization and research the challenges and successes it has faced inmanaging operational effectiveness. You are welcome to use as manyresearch methods as possible to obtain information for your organizationand its managers (e.g., web-based resources, electronic articles, orpersonal interviews). The more informed you are, the better prepared youwill be to complete your project.
Finally, develop amanagement training program that includes relevant guidelines andinformation to combat the issues identified in the selected topic, aswell as recommendations for managers to more effectively lead healthcare organizations. Your training program should be in the form of a 20to 25 slide PowerPoint presentation (excluding title and referenceslides) that includes comprehensive speaker’s notes (i.e., at least 150words) for each slide. Utilize at least three to five scholarly sourcesfrom the Ashford University Library and two to three current, scholarlyweb sources (total of five to eight references required). All sourcesmust be cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford WritingCenter. Your presentation must be engaging and relevant to youraudience. Lines of text on a slide will not be sufficient for thisproject. It should contain at least five images, graphics, and/ormultimedia that communicate your training clearly to your audience. Fortips on creating an excellent presentation, read this overview.
Creating the Senior Project
The Senior Project:
- Must be 20 to 25 PowerPoint slides (excluding title and referenceslides) in length. There are 20 content criteria worth a total of 10points.
- Must include a title slide that contains the following:
- Title of project
- Your name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the project with critical thought in the areas of:
- Organization details
- Challenges and opportunities
- Training program outcomes
- Impact on at least three stakeholder groups involved delineated by cost, quality, and access to service
- Suggested actions
- Must include a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five supporting graphics (images, graphics, and/or multimedia) are included and relevant communicating the trainingcontent (two points).
- Must include speaker’s notes that have evidence of critical thinkingand application (content analysis, synthesis, evaluation) related tothe research methodology used to develop (six points):
- Project content
- Practical and relevant solutions to the organizational challenges/opportunities
- Appropriate evaluation of individual stakeholder groups involved
- Must use at least three to five scholarly sources from the AshfordUniversity Library and two to three current, scholarly web sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference slide, formatted according to APA style