- STOP: (1) Have you watched the HW video on APA 7 Basics and Cover Page? (2) IF you were absent, have you watched the class recording? Do not continue to the assignment until these things are complete.
Step 1, Brainstorm: Think about your field of study as a master’s student. Use one of the two methods taught in class and find two news articles that report on relevant problems related to the industry associated with your master’s degree program (think about scandals within the last 5 years). Come up with two examples using the format below in a simple Word document, using APA 7 Basics and an APA 7 cover page learned through the HW video (see p. 20 in Foundations for a sample cover page)
Step 2, Create your Word Document and Answer Questions (it should look similar to p. 5 in Foundations):
FOR EXAMPLE: If my major is public health or even education, I would come up with something like Issue/Problem 1 below (MPH students, you cannot use this as your own). We have started one together in class, so you must complete what you started in class and find a second research problem proposal:
Issue/Problem 1: Depression and anxiety among young adults
1) People Involved: College students, parents
2) Link to Article: https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/college-students-and-depression
3) My Research Question: What have researchers learned about the impact of COVID 19 on depression and anxiety among young adult students?
I would then fill out my second Problem proposal below:
1) People Involved:
2) Link to Article:
3) My Research Question: What have researchers learned about
Cover/Title Page = 40 pts
Issue/Problem 1 = 30 pts
Issue/Problem 2 = 30 pts