Help me study for my Biology class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Urinary & Reproductive systems
- What is the major regulatory problem for terrestrial animals?
- What are some of the adaptations that help terrestrial animals overcome this problem?
- How do humans compensate for water loss?
- What are the major functions of the kidneys? How much blood is in the kidneys at any given moment?
- What is the functional unit of the kidneys? What are the parts of this functional unit?
- We can compare of the production of urine by the kidneys to a person cleaning out their fridge. Explain how his analogy functions in the production of urine.
- What is the overall composition of urine and why can the color of urine be a simple but important diagnostic tool?
- Outline how the endocrine system regulates urine production. What is the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone pathway?
- How does diuresis differ from antidiuresis?
- Reproduction involves several steps to ensure the continuation of the species. What are these steps?
- How does the endocrine system factor in reproduction?
- How does testosterone influence the development of male characteristics? How does estrogen influence the development of female characteristics?
- Outline the process of oogenesis. How is it similar to spermatogenesis and does it differ?
- Compare the terms zygote, embryo and fetus and list their defining characteristics.
- What are bipotential gonads? When does sexual differentiation occur?
- What does it mean for a trait to be either dominant or recessive?
- How do X-linked traits differ from normal autosomal traits?
ANSWER QUESTIONS IN FILE AND RETURN