- Chapter 8 of the course text, Principles of Marketing
As you are likely aware, your internship brand doesn’t just do business in the United States. So in this activity, we’re going to research their global activity. Rather than writing about it, we’re going to talk about it—by creating some slides and a video presentation.
To complete this assignment, you need to do the following:
- Create a six-slide–PowerPoint presentation.
- Take a video of yourself and your screen presenting those six slides in three to five minutes.
What you need to cover in the video:
- Introduce yourself.
- Identify your internship company and a specific country to analyze your brand’s global market.
- The country can be from Asia, South America, Europe, the Middle East, or anywhere else on the globe.
- The Country Profiles in the UAGC LibraryLinks to an external site. tip sheet may assist you with locating up-to-date country profile data easily.
- Refer to Table 8.1 of Chapter 8. Pitch two elements from each quadrant of actors and forces about your internship company.
- Identify the countries your internship company does business in by checking out the corporate website or the latest annual report.
- Then, search your brand in business periodicals such as Forbes using country names or terms like “foreign,” “global,” or “international.” See which markets have been written about and select one.
- Think of forces and actors, and specific challenges the company faced entering the specific country’s market (e.g., cultural norms, language barriers, local competition, government regulations, economic conditions, etc.).
- Create six slides with Microsoft PowerpointLinks to an external site., Google Slides, or another tool of your choice.
- Structure your slides as follows:
- Slide 1 – Include your name, internship company, country or market.
- Slides 2 to 5 – Include two elements of each quadrant from Table 8.1, with highlights of your discussion points related to your internship brand, on each slide.
- Slide 6 – Provide a nice summary of your brand’s global presence in the country of your choice.
- Must be only 6 slides (See the tab below Formatting Requirements for more details).
- Save your slides as a PDF file and then upload the PDF version of your slide in Waypoint.
- The screencast video needs to capture you, with web camera turned on, presenting your slides that covers the criteria of this assignment (see the tab below Presentation Best Practices for more details).
- Below are two common programs that you can use to record your screencast video presentation:
- Screencast-O-Matic. For information on how to use this tool, please review the Screencast-O-Matic Quickstart GuideLinks to an external site..
- For information on how to use this tool, please review the Zoom Quick Start GuideLinks to an external site..
- It’s fine to use any other app or device to record yourself as long as it meets the requirements.