I don’t understand this Business question and need help to study.
An American Internet Technology company has merged with a Canadian Social Media company. Because of this merger, performance is not as optimal as the executives would have hoped; morale is low, and stress is up. The new company has decided to hire you as an Organizational Development consultant. They have tasked you with finding out the issues and what they should do next to get back on track.
You will take on the role of an Organizational Development consultant. As such, you need to determine the root cause of issues related to the merger, and recommend an appropriate change process to have a unified organizational culture. Also, consider resistance and how that resistance can be overcome. The company is also seeking your input for recommendations to empower employees. Because of the merger, you need to also provide an analysis of workplace stress as it relates to productivity. The company has asked you to create a slide presentation of your report. Remember your audience when giving your presentation. Include the following slides:
- Title slide
- Highlighting the main issues related to the merger
- Providing best practices for merging company cultures into one, new culture for the organization
- Describing the appropriate change process
- Explaining resistance and how to overcome it
- Providing examples of employee empowerment
- Describing workplace stress and providing examples of behavior because of stress
- Providing best practices for managers to manage workplace stress
- Conclusion slide that includes the main points of developing a high-performing team and system approaches to being high-performing
- Any additional, relevant information