Complete the Information Literacy Module located in Module 06 Lesson Content before attempting the Module 06 Discussion.
- Choose one of the research questions listed below.
- Does telelmonitoring blood pressure in urban African Americans with hypertension improve blood pressure control within the six months of initiation of the medication?
- How pregnant women newly diagnosed with diabetes (I) experience reporting their blood sugar levels to their healthcare providers?
- How effective is acupuncture in improving mobility in elderly male stroke patients in comparison to standard stroke therapy?
- Design a strategy for a review of the literature.
- Describe the type of articles you want to locate to examine what is known and not known about this research topic
- Search for the types of articles you identified relevant to the research question you chose.
- Save the search history you created and attach to the initial post
- Describe at least one strategy you learned during this query process including how this new knowledge will help you with future searches of the literature
- Select one article from your query you believe is most relevant to the research question you selected.
- Summarize why you believe this article is relevant to the PICO
- Summarize why this research article is credible and attach the critical appraisal worksheet to this post
NUR3643 Quantitative Critical Appraisal Worksheet.docx
NUR3643 Qualitative Critical Appraisal Worksheet.docx
Responses (minimum of two):
- Identify a search history you find interesting
- Describe new knowledge gained from this search strategy and how this information will help you with future searches of the literature
- Discuss one different approach you would recommend to improve the search strategy selected
- Provide at least two responses to two different classmates
- How to read an article
- Where do I find permanent links?
- How do I find articles about nursing best practices?
- How do I find qualitative nursing articles
- Qualitative Studies
- How do I find quantitative nursing articles?
- SON Research Guide
- Quantitative Studies
Please make your initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student’s post by the end of the week. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.