I’m trying to learn for my Writing class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Describe your application of Paul and Elder’s critical thinking model. Use the questions that follow to outline your analysis of one journal article that you plan to use for your literature review assignment. Use the Elements of Thought Discussion Template [DOC] to guide your post. Asking a series of questions like these can help you think critically about any scholarly reading.
- What is the main purpose of the article?
- What is the key question the author of the article is addressing?
- What is the most important information in the article?
- What key conclusions (inferences) did the author of the article come to and present?
- What were the most important ideas (concepts) that one would need to understand in order to understand the author’s line of reasoning?
- What were the main assumptions (that is, what the author is taking for granted that might be questioned)?
- What was the main point of view (that is, the author’s perspective) presented in the article?