I don’t understand this Accounting question and need help to study.
Week 5 Project
Objective: Demonstrate your knowledge of Microsoft Access 2016 by importing data from Excel and creating objects (forms, queries, and reports) in a database.
Database Information: You work for a newly opened pet grooming business in your town. The owner knows you’ve taken a few computer courses at Georgia Military College and she would like for you to create a database of the groomers and pets groomed. You have been tasked with creating a database by importing data from Excel.
Import the following spreadsheets into your database
After you import the data tables into your database, you will create the following objects:
- (2) Forms
- 1 form needs to be created for a table and 1 form needs to be created for a query
- The forms need to be organized, formatted properly, and include a title
- (2) Queries
- Queries must be different types (e.g., top-down query, parameter query, crosstab, etc.)
- 1 query needs to have joined tables (2 tables create the query)
- 1 query needs to have a calculated field
- (2) Reports
- 1 report needs to be created for a table and 1 report needs to be created for the query with joined tables
- Both reports need to have a column total
- The reports need to be organized, formatted properly, and include a title
Written Information: When you finish creating the database and the objects, answer the following questions in a minimum of one paragraph (3-5 sentences) each.
- Did you find it difficult to create objects (forms, queries, reports) from imported data? Explain.
- What types of queries did you use and what question/s did the queries help the owner or the other groomers answer?
- What types of reports did you generate and why? Why did you create the total for the report?
- Do you think the owner would give you a raise based upon your completed database? Be realistic!