I’m studying for my Nursing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
The CPCP project will address the aforementioned competencies and qualities at the clinical unit or agency/organization, at the community practice level, will examine relationships from the perspective of the interdisciplinary team, and assists the student in developing project management experience.
Student Learning Outcomes:
(4) Analyze the role of nurse leaders and managers, evaluating their accountability within clinical agencies.
(5) Apply acquired leadership and management skills in a clinical practicum experience, including development of project management experience.
- Describe scope of practice and role of selected health care team members.
- Identify gaps in the role of the health care team member in coordinating patient care.
- Provide evidence the professional operated within their scope of practice as a member of the health care team.
- Assess and identify gaps in patient care coordination.
- Apply acquired leadership and management skills development to a project management experience.
- Develop a plan to correct and/or improve the identified gap to improve patient care coordination to include but not limited to:
- explanation of leader/manager leadership style,
- knowledge of change theory and how it relates to buy-in from the team member,
- identification of communication techniques needed to implement the plan,
- analysis of the effectiveness of teamwork and collaboration,
- utilization of descriptors knowledge, skills, and attitudes, and
- identification of any potential access to care issues as it relates to the Affordable Care Act of 2010.
Coordination of Patient Care Project Paper Guidelines
The written CPCP project will follow APA formatting guidelines with running head, and is due at the completion of 45 practicum hours; no later than Friday July 2, 2020. Additional guidelines are included below:
I. Conduct an assessment and “introduce” the project.
- Identify the major professionals (healthcare disciplines) collaborating on the needs of the patient/family related to the admission, discharge, referral, case management process, and plans for patients.
- Describe the scopes of practice and roles of participating health care team members.
- Write a description of the CPCP unit or site.
II. Identify and describe the identified problem based on the “student” assessment (with preceptor support).
- Select and describe the case that will be the focus for the project.
- Determine if any issues have been identified at the site/unit related to this problem. No survey data is to be collected on premises by student.
- Discuss, examine, and analyze the roles of the key stakeholders and boundary issues in the unit or agency.
- In regard to interprofessional collaboration, determine how each professional operated within their scope of practice as a valued member of the health care team
- Explore the literature related to professional practice regarding boundary issues.
- Explore the nursing literature regarding how boundary issues have been addressed.
- Describe and analyze processes and procedures within the unit or site as it relates to patient care collaboration.
- What initiatives (both in the literature and in practice at the site) have been developed to address boundary issues? Have they worked? Why or why not?
- Identify other stakeholders who should be included in addressing boundary issues?
- Address the reporting mechanism in the unit or agency for following boundary issues.
III. Develop an implementation plan.
- Describe the data that you would need to collect to study this problem and how it will be collected.
- Clarify roles and accountabilities of potential overlap in team member functioning.
- Acting as the agency/unit nurse leader, describe plan to address the boundary issues.
- Identify issues and offer an evidence-based solution (references required).
- Delineate contributions of other individuals and groups that could be help patient/family with achieving respective health goals.
- Identify an evaluation method. Be sure to include relevant goals in SMART format.
- Ascertain that the perspectives and expertise of all health team members are valued.
- Ascertain that the centrality of the patient/family as core members of any health care team are represented.
- Include unique attributes that members bring to a team, including variations in professional orientations and accountabilities.
- Summarize the information.
- Include reference list and appendices/tables/attachments as applicable per APA guidelines.
- Describe the key take-away messages developed from newly acquired knowledge, skills, and values about professional collaboration that can be used in the students respective practice area.
Attached are two Personal Journals.