- Community action groups are private and public not-for-profit organizations. They work with local, state, private, and federal resources to assist under-supported residents of the neighboring community.
Imagine that you are the leader of a community action group. You will be presenting at a rally on how to improve safety in your community, which is racially and ethnically diverse.
Identify the topic you will be speaking on. Select 1 of the following issues:
- -African Americans and the criminal justice system
- -Anti-Asian hate crime bill
- -Racial profiling
- -Police-involved violence
- -Race and stand your ground laws
- -Race and the war on drugs
- -Hate crimes
- -Prepare a 525- to 700-word outline that covers the key elements of the speech you will be making at a rally in a public park.
–Include the following in your outline:
- -Overview of the issue
- -Explanation of how this issue affects your diverse community
- -Specific recommendations your action group will be making to local law enforcement
- -Summary of the significance this issue is to your community and why law enforcement needs to act
- -Cite at least 2 outside references to support your assignment.