Prior to completing this assignment, review your prior research on the company you selected for research in this Week’s Environmental Scanning interactive assignment. Also, watch the video How to Perform a SWOT Analysis Links to an external site. (2016). In approximately 250 words,
- Describe the company’s history, products, and major competitors by accessing the Mergent University of Arizona Global Campus Library online database, which offers company financials, descriptions, history, property, subsidiaries, officers, and directors, and by accessing the Business Insights database. and Business Insights: Global Links to an external site. documents for suggested methods of searching the University of Arizona Global Campus Library databases and specific advice for searching these two databases).
- Assess the financial performance and condition of the organization.
Next, conduct a SWOT analysis using the SWOT Analysis Template Download SWOT Analysis Template. Detail the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that may affect the organization. Copy and paste the completed table from the template into your SWOT analysis paper.
In the evaluation portion of the paper of your SWOT analysis:
- Describe the specific areas that indicate a need for change.
- Determine what changed objectives or newly implemented interventions are required to improve the company’s position within its market.
- Assess the trending performance of the company and provide recommendations for improvement.
(NOTE: Incorporate the feedback you receive from your instructor and save your work. It will be part of your Strategic Plan Final Project for this course).
The SWOT Analysis paper
- Must be from five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA Style Links to an external site. resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of SWOT Analysis
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- You must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources besides the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.the table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. Please contact your instructor if you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information from sources in APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.guide.
- Must include a separate references page formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.