I’m trying to learn for my Psychology class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
The Module Assessment in Week 8 is a personality theory case study analysis that will be developed during Weeks 2 – 8. The Module Assessment is based on a case study found in your Learning Resources, “The Case of Mrs. C.”
This week you examined personality theories from the humanistic and existential theoretical orientation. Supported by the information you gathered in your Personality Theory Matrix, analyze the case of Mrs. C based on one theory from the humanistic or existential orientation. The case study analysis considers Mrs. C’s symptoms (including cultural considerations) and offers relevant assessments and interventions for her case. Additionally, it must be supported by scholarly materials from research of reputable sources.
- Review the Learning Resource, “The Case of Mrs. C.”
- Review the Personality Theory Matrix information about the humanistic and existential theoretical orientation and its corresponding theories.
Assignment (1 page)
Based on the information you gain from the personality case study, “The Case of Mrs. C,” complete the following case study analysis:
- Analyze Mrs. C’s symptoms, including cultural considerations, from the perspective of a key idea from a theorist that you identified from the humanistic or existential theoretical orientation.
- Offer suggestions for assessments and interventions to use with Mrs. C from the perspective of a key idea from a theorist that you identified from the humanistic or existential theoretical orientation.
Integrate Resources and scholarly materials from your own research in your analyses and provide citations and references in APA format. References should be combined in one list at the end of the document.
Cervone, D., & Pervin, L. A. (2019). Personality: Theory and research (14th ed.). Wiley.
- Chapter 5, ”A Phenomenological Theory: The Personality Theory of Rogers” (pp. 127–146)
- Chapter 6, “Rogers’s Phenomenological Theory: Applications, Related Theoretical Conceptions, and Contemporary Research” (pp. 147–179)
MASLOW, A., Center for the Study of Liberal Education for Adults, B. M., & New England Board of Higher Education, W. M. (1965). Self-Actualization and beyond.
Timulak, L. (2018). Humanistic‐experiential therapies in the treatment of generalised anxiety: A perspective. Counselling & Psychotherapy Research, 18(3), 233–236.