Use the qualitative research study assigned to your group by your instructor and prepare a qualitative research article critique by following closely the 10 steps to analyzing qualitative nursing research studies found in Table 6-2 (pp. 105–106) in Keele’s Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice. Note: Sample critiques are also provided in Chapter 6, pp. 104–112.
While you can use each step as a heading, please use full sentences and paragraph format in your work to address each of the following requirements. Please also include a cover page and a reference page.
- Problem the study was designed to solve (5 points)
- Purpose statement/research questions (10 points)
- Literature review/study framework (10 points)
- Study design (10 points)
- Sample and setting (5 points)
- Identification and control for threats to rigor (5 points)
- Instruments used to collect data (10 points)
- Data Collection methods (10 points)
- Data Analysis procedures (10 points)
- Overall findings/strengths/limitations (15 points)
- Use of correct APA 7th edition format and style (10 points)