Why Mobile Apps? If potential customers cannot reach your services, they are lost potential customers. Smartphones, tablets, and other nontraditional devices are pervasive in the market. The onus of responsibility is on developers to help customers get a product anywhere. Do competitors offer products or services your organization does not? Is that why they have an app? Is there a market an organization desires to expand into? If an organization is already in that market, can they add any features to an app that will have more draw than their competitors?
- Why is mobile development difficult? Explain.
- Why do some organizations think they do not need a mobile presence?
- Why do organizations need a mobile application?
- What is the Application Development Life Cycle (ADLC); How does ADLC related to Android development in an enterprise? (see hand-outs in Learning Materials)
- Describe 3 key phases of activities that occur in the ADLC – which phase is the work of this class? (see hand-outs in Learning Materials)
To participate in this Discussion:
Respond to the Discussion prompts. Then, read a selection of your classmate’s postings. Reply to at least two classmate’s posts by Sunday (mdnight). Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of your reading/research, lecture notes, and the comments your classmates made.
Complete the Week #1 Discussion and submit by Sunday (midnight).
- Short, qualitative, constructive, and value-added replies are required. Be sure to address the person to whom you are replying to.
- Use at least two different in-text citations and list a reference of these supporting sources following APA’s style and formatting – follow the class General Discussion Requirements.
- This reference list should be placed immediately at the end of your response to the Discussion prompts. All sources you cite, even in replies to classmate’s posts, must be in this same reference list.
- Do not claim credit for the words, ideas, and concepts of others.
- Do not copy and paste information or concepts from the Internet and claim that is your work. It will be considered Plagiarism and you will receive a zero for your work.