- Case Study: Interference on WLANs:
- Unlicensed bands are parts of the radio spectrum that are available nationwide to all users without requiring a license. However, a drawback is that, because there are no licenses, there can be interference between devices. Use the Internet to identify a list of devices that can interference with WLANs in either the ISM or UNII bands.
- Case Study: Impact of Propagation Behaviors
- Absorption, reflection, scattering, refraction, and diffraction can all have an impact on RF signal strength. Using the Internet, identify at least three objects or types of materials in each of the five categories that can impact RF signals. Next, research how much the impact is in terms of loss (either dBm or mW).
- Case Study: Attenuation
- Attenuation is not limited to wireless LANs, but can also affect wired LANs as well. Research the types of attenuation that can impact wired networks. How can attenuation be measured on a wired network compared to a wireless network? Which is more difficult to uncover? Why? Write a one-page paper on your findings.
- APA format, 3–4 pages in length (excluding cover page, abstract, and reference list)